It’s better to prevent yourself from the hazards rather than becoming a prey of it. Fire safety is one such concern which is often neglected because of which people end up with very drastic and brutal consequences. The main thing here is the responsibility. People do not find themselves responsible enough for their safety. They take these issues lightly and do not care about an important thing that this could harm their loved ones too. Fire safety tips are given across the globe, lots of campaigns are done every day, numerous fire accidents are happening, people lose their lives, loss of public property, financial overheads are all the consequences of fire accidents.
Neglecting fire safety tips is like knowing the fact that road accidents are prevalent and then also not wearing a helmet. People will apply the safety measures when they realize how dangerous it could be. It comes under human nature. People hire a security guard when somebody robs their house. The family becomes diet conscious when somebody gets a cardiac arrest in their circle. All in all, people already have the knowledge, but they bring that into effect when they realize the calamity. Therefore, people will carry the safety measure into effect if and only if they encounter a fire accident. But the problem here is fire accident is not a roller-coaster ride. Its consequences include some huge incidents, death and havoc. Therefore, it said that ‘PRECAUTION IS BETTER THAN CURE.’
Fire accidents are the uninvited guests and their presence is always a curse. The solution here is to follow some fire safety rules along with some fire safety instructions.
Fire safety tips at home:
Family’s safety should not just be limited to the home-maker. Every house member must safeguard their family with necessary fire safety equipment and spread education regarding the same. In a survey conducted lately, it is found that the primary source of fire in the house is from electrical connections, a cooking zone, heating areas and smoking. We all are human, and we all get distracted at home from the various thing. Either it can be exciting talks, entertainment units, calls, etc. Here are some fire safety instructions to be followed for fire safety at home:
- Alert cooking: Cooking zone is the area prone to fire accidents. Therefore you need to be aware of what you are cooking, and at what temperatures because the temperature is the cause of all burnings.
- Education: Whenever people encounter a fire, they panic and try to combat it in some silly ways. Stop focusing on that thing and learn about how to use a suitable fire extinguisher. It works quickly and prevents you from huge damages.
- Keep fire catalysts away: Fire catalyst is the one which invites the fire to come into play and let them be the spectator. It includes loose clothing, inflammable materials, wooden utensils, curtains, etc.
- Be smart: For all the time you can’t rely on the fire extinguishers. Sometimes an intelligent move does it all. You may encounter a time when you see wisps of the smoke while cooking. All you need is to turn off the burner and slowly remove the pan from the stove.
- Wiring check: Old electrical wiring is never good for the house. It doesn’t need the appliance reasonably and are a risk for a fire. Inspect the connections and circuitry by profession for corrosions, burns spots and breakers and do the needful as soon as possible.
- Do not smoke: Smoking is a cause of significant fire-related deaths. Therefore, it is recommended that do not smoke inside your house, especially not in the bedroom. It the place where you sleep, and you need fresh air, not the poison. Better to have some smoke alarms which detect the danger at a threshold. Also, do not smoke in the zone where oxygen is deeply present. Lastly, do dispatch you cigarette buds properly in the ashtray or somewhere else.
- Call fire authority: Always have a working number of the concerned fire authority. It is a rare situation, but sometimes the case goes code red. Call the office, and they will guide you to safety and escort you safely.
Fire safety at schools:
Fire prevention at school is a matter of concern as the authority is responsible for the lives of the future of the nation. To adhere to the responsibilities, some school fire safety tips need to be followed as:
- Regular checks: The school authority needs to instruct for a routine fire prevention checks and should timely review the safety policies as and when required.
- Educate people: School is an epicenter where knowledge prevails. Apart from teaching the students as per the curriculum, the staff and the students need to be educated about the fire alarms, security lightings, and extinguishers.
- Practice the exercise: As practice makes the person perfect, so regular fire drills need to be exercised by the school family to combat any unforeseen situation.
- Engage students: Students power is inevitable and if given a right direction could be used in many-folds. Engage students in fire safety campaigns, make them volunteers, appreciate their efforts and reward them for their participation.
Fire safety at offices:
The office is the place where the adults spend their majority of the time in a day. This place is also prone to fire accidents, and studies have shown that the majority of the fire accidents took place when the office is less populated and majorly at the weekends. All you need to do here is to follow a few fire safety measures for fire safety at office and these fire safety information will help the employees to combat danger:
- Security escapes: People are frequent visitors to the meeting rooms, break rooms, bathrooms, and cafeteria. There must always be an escape route from those places where people are present in bulk.
- Authorize personnel: An authorized personnel needs to be appointed for regulating the fire exists, electric circuitry, office fire alarms and the one can be contacted in an emergency.
- Security aids: Employee must be provided with the quintessential security aids like safety masks, bottled water, flashlights and first aid.
- Practical training: The firm must organize practical training for fire drills to make the employees familiar with the required exercises.
Fire prevention is a valuable exercise needs to be followed, practiced and preached to different sections of the society. If neglected, it can turn into a huge havoc, and thus prior prevention is better than an ineffective cure. Therefore, educate yourself well, stay alert and stay safe.
These fire safety tips will keep you secure at all the places you go. Be informed and prevent such hazards.
Latest posts by Sam Walker (see all)
- Read out these Do’s and Don’ts before Selecting the WordPress theme for your Website - January 4, 2019
- Effective Fire Safety Tips to Knock Down the Hazards in Home, Schools and Offices - August 5, 2018
- 5 Health Tips to Keep in Mind While Travelling - July 16, 2017