Beauty and function come together in epoxy flooring designed to minimize the impact of steady activity.
If you’re looking to replace an old concrete floor and need a budget-friendly solution, give epoxy coatings a shot. Made of the highest quality components, it is not only a durable option but a beautiful and versatile option for covering factory floors, warehouses, garage floors, hallways, etc.
In this blog post, we will cover 5 advantages that make epoxy coating a practical choice for many industrial, commercial, and institutional facilities.
What Is Epoxy Floor Coating?
Before we start digging deeper into epoxy flooring perks, we should know what epoxy floor coating is.
Epoxy flooring, also called resinous flooring or polymer flooring, is made of polymer resins and hardeners. When mixed, the resin and hardener engage in a chemical reaction that creates a hard plastic. In addition, it comes in many colors and patterns to complement varieties of decorating styles. Its cost ranges from affordable to precise. Everything depends on the type of epoxy used, the area to be covered as well as the thickness of the floor system. Water-based epoxy can cost two to three times less than 100% solid epoxy.
What Are The Perks Of Using Epoxy Coating?
Here are 5 reasons why epoxy flooring is a great long-term investment for your high-traffic areas:
- Lifetime durability: Today’s epoxy flooring is fabricated from some of the most durable and beautiful materials on earth. Other types of flooring begin to lose their luster and look worn after just a few years, even with careful maintenance. Modern epoxy coating is incredibly resistant to abrasion and impact damage, and it protects concrete surfaces from stains and has very good resistance with an aesthetically pleasing appearance.
- Low Maintenance: Maintaining residential, commercial, and industrial spaces to keep things looking new and clean can be a challenge. Luckily, epoxy is one of the easiest to maintain. Unlike a plain concrete floor, which is coarse but brittle, and is known to be difficult to maintain, with epoxy all you’ll need is soap or detergent and water! Simply wipe away any dust or debris that has accumulated through daily use, and it will look good as new again.
- Eco-Friendly: Although epoxy is made of polyester resins, it is an eco-friendly option. The resins used in epoxy floors shouldn’t cause you any concern once they are applied and dried. The basic problem that occurs from epoxy floor coatings is contact dermatitis is the most common allergic reaction and tends to occur when there is skin contact with wet epoxy. That’s why it’s important for contractors to wear protective coverings like masks and gloves when applying epoxy coatings.
- Best Value vs. Cost: The upfront costs of applying an epoxy floor may seem somewhat steep, but the initial costs are far outweighed by the savings in maintenance over time and lifespan of an epoxy floor when compared to other flooring materials. Periodic costs for cleanings, refurbishment, and floor treatments aren’t a challenge with epoxy coatings, and you won’t have to expend the same time and effort to maintain an epoxy floor compared to other flooring options.
- Unique Patterns and Vivid Colors: We spoke with the epoxy company paradigm concrete finishes and saw some of the amazing floors they do with unique patterns and even 3d color models. It proves true that epoxy floors can come in a wide variety of gorgeous colors and patterns. You could even mix the epoxy resin and a metallic powder or pigment to get a warm, metallic glow. Different colors may be applied in stages, creating dazzlingly colorful patterns that light up your facility. So, you have the option of designing your floors and surface to match your company’s branding or design aesthetic.
Another quality that makes epoxy flooring so popular is that it creates a shiny high-gloss surface that can extremely increase the brightness of interior areas.
Epoxy flooring is one of the most versatile flooring solutions that is affordable, beautiful, durable, and customizable for any space. Whether you need an elegant entrance to a showroom or need a durable surface to minimize the impact of steady activity – there is epoxy floor coating right for your space.
Overall, epoxy flooring presents the best value and return on investment of any flooring option currently available. Epoxy lasts a lifetime, has fewer maintenance needs, provides the greatest number of design options, and encourages the best overall quality.
Latest posts by Nirupama Verma (see all)
- Explain: 5 Reasons Why you Need a Small Business Loan in India - November 22, 2021
- Best TV Screen Types to Protect your Eyes - November 19, 2021
- 4 Tips For Choosing HVAC Contractors In Chesapeake - November 18, 2021