Your emotional health is extremely important. While many people tend to keep up with their physical health, it’s easy to neglect your emotions throughout the busyness of your everyday schedule. But guess what? There are quick and easy ways to keep your head clear, balanced, and in check.
If you’ve been feeling burnout, read on for five tips to keep your emotional health in tip-top shape!
#1 Use Stress Management Techniques
Stress is one of the biggest culprits of poor mental and emotional health. In order to retain your mental health, you need to find healthy ways to deal with everyday stressors. To that end, some of the most common stress management techniques people utilize include:
- Deep breathing – Take a deep breath in while counting to four in your head. Hold the breath for seven seconds, then slowly breathe out for a count of eight. Repeat this several times until your mind begins to slow down. This is called 4-7-8 breathing, and it can help relax the nervous system when you’re feeling jittery.
- Meditation – Meditation helps clear the mind of negative thoughts by promoting the acceptance of them. Once you’re comfortable accepting the brain’s natural thought patterns, you can let these thoughts pass without resistance. If you’re new to meditation, try using a mindfulness app for tutorials and guided practices.
#2 Take Time to Recharge
Sometimes, as simple as it may be, you just need a break. If you’re feeling overwhelmed by work, school, or your everyday routine, it’s okay to take some time for yourself and recharge.
If you’re in need of a little self-care, you may want to consider doing one of the following:
- Taking a mental health day from obligations
- Canceling your social plans
- Taking some time alone to do your favorite activities
#3 Give CBD a Try
Everyone has an endocannabinoids system (ECS). While there is still a ton of research to be done, the ECS is thought to help with:
- Regulating emotions
- Calming anxiety
- Regulating your sleep cycle
Within this physiological system, there are tiny receptors that bind to cannabinoids (if you ingest them). To that end, CBD is a non-psychoactive hemp extract that can be ingested, applied topically, or vaporized and inhaled.
One of the most popular ways people take this supplement is by eating CBD gummies. If you’re struggling with anxiety or mood swings, CBD might help bring your body and mind back into balance. After all, it promotes homeostasis.
#4 Try Mental Games
Your brain needs stimulus. It needs engagement. Thus, to aid your mental health, consider using Happify for easy games and activities that distract the mind and promote positivity. Not only will you be giving your brain an “exercise,” you’ll also release dopamine (a neurotransmitter responsible for our “happiness”) as you do so.
#5 Move Your Body!
When the body is stagnant, the mind tends to follow suit. By incorporating physical exercise into your weekly routine, you help your mind release:
These chemicals help balance emotions, reduce anxiety, and soothe your worried thoughts. Even light exercise—like walking or yoga—can help stimulate everything your brain needs to reset and stabilize.
Your Emotional Health is a Priority
Life is stressful. It’s an emotional roller coaster. There are highs and lows; dips and swings. Keeping tabs on your emotional health isn’t just an investment in your current circumstance, it helps build the pillars for a better future.
By exercising, meditating, managing your stress, incorporating CBD in your routine, and taking some much-needed “recharge time,” you can help promote positive thoughts, reduce your overall anxiety, and stabilize your emotions.
Whatever you’re feeling, whatever weighs heavy, know that this too shall pass. Small changes can make a big impact on your emotional health. You got this!
Image Credits: istockphoto.com
Latest posts by Nirupama Verma (see all)
- Top Reasons to Move Your Family to Rehoboth - April 30, 2021
- 6 Tips to Improve Business Efficiency - April 24, 2021
- The Most Effective Ways to Avoid Plagiarism in Research Papers - April 23, 2021